Tuesday, December 13, 2011

CALLED TO SERVE OUR KING

"Called to serve our Heavenly King of Glory chosen".... We all know that amazing song, as a missionary I sing it quite often because for me it motivates me even when times get tough, to go outside and proselyte!  One thing I have learned while being on a mission is that talking to people is tough! I remember when I was home talking to my friends would be the hardest thing I thought so I never gave it a try.  Wrong mistake on my part, Heavenly Father wants all of his children to hear the gospel not just certain people so why not your closest friends.  I now 100% believe that you DO NOT need to be set apart as a missionary to bring the gospel to the ones you love.  A wise man once told me "ya know, we all were latter day saints once, we just need a little reminder." Brothers and sisters that statement is true, we all once dwelled with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and WE ALL accepted his plan.  So let me give you guys a few tips:
1.  Make a mormon.org profile and share your testimony
2.  If a person asks you a question that you dont have the answer to, DO NOT BE EMBARRASSED!  There are many questions that I have come across that i dont have the answer to, just simply tell them "well I dont want to give a wrong answer so do you mind if I find out for you and tell you another time?"
3.  If you are on facebook, add the missionaries, then as your friends go onto your page they will see what the missionaries have to say.
4.  Do not worry before hand if they will say yes or no or if they will totally ignore you all together, want some help on that?  Heres a great scripture that I always turn to when I'm in need of help!  Its Joshua 1:9 and it reads, "Have not i commanded thee?  Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid neither be thou dismayed for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."  So that scripture right there is a promise, Heavenly Father wants us to test him, test him that he will always be by your side in any situation!
5.  Last but not least..INVITE!  So heres an example.  Lets say that there is a ward activity tonight and they are going to have games and food and activities.  All it takes is a, "hey john, are you busy tonight because if not then come to this activity tonight with me, it will be a blast!"  Four words to describe that.....EASY PEEZEY LEMON SQUEEZY!  I know as you do this your Father in Heaven will know how much you are trying, and he will deliver.  With work comes wonders!        

No comments:

Post a Comment